Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Spinach Quiche

When I was pregnant, Mark and I took a trip through Stonington Village. I remember the day; we had just found out that the baby was a girl. We found this cute little store while we were there. The owner and her late husband had opened the store when the kids left home and, even though he had passed on, the wife wanted to continue what her husband started. He made this incredible quiche that she continued making fresh daily. The other day I remembered tasting that light, fluffy, cheesy quiche and though, "Well, I'm sure I can figure it out!". Here's my crustless version of a spinach quiche:

4 eggs
3/4 c frozen chopped spinach, thawed
1/8 tsp each salt, pepper and garlic
1/4 c mozzarella cheese
1/2 c cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 350. Beat eggs in a shallow pie pan. Mix in spices, spinach and mozzarella. Coat spinach evenly with egg mixture. Top with cheddar cheese. Place in oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until eggs have set.

No comments: