Friday, October 3, 2008

Menu 10/5-10/11

Mark is kinda sick so I made homemade chicken noodle soup for dinner with broth from some bones I had frozen, and drumsticks (frozen) from a chicken I had roasted. It was really good! Who knew drumsticks had so much meat on them.

Breakfast/Snacks:
cappuccino muffins
filled muffins
granola bars
popovers
bacon crescents

Lunch:
Philly cheesesteak sandwiches (made from one of the free roasts), cream cheese dip, carrots
pizza calzones
buffalo chicken pizza

Dinner:
delicious drumsticks, mashed potatoes, glazed carrots
BBQ beef (made from one of the free roasts), corn on the con, mashed potatoes (crockpot)
pork chops & potatoes, green beans
turkey chili, rolls
chicken stew, rolls
sliced beef (leftovers from philly cheesesteak sandwiches), spaghetti squash, gravy, salad
chicken helper (found in the cabinet. Who knew?), salad

I'm sure you've noticed that I don't add a lot of lunch and breakfast selections. Lunch, when I don't cook, is leftovers. I have a freezer full...I could not cook lunch for a month and Mark and I could eat solely from the freezer! We're trying to eat the leftovers to make room for leftover turkey from Thanksgiving (how many times can one person say "leftovers" in a paragraph?!).

No comments: